The Internal Audit Unit is a work unit within the Company that performs audits and gives independent, objective, and professional advice.
The establishment of the Internal Audit Unit refers to Bapepam-LK Regulation No. IX.1.7, attachment of the Decree of the Chairman of Bapepam-LK No. Kep-496/BL/2008 dated November 28, 2008, regarding the Establishment and Guidelines for Drafting an Internal Audit Charter (Bapepam-LK Regulation No. IX.1.7). This regulation was later revoked to OJK Regulation No. 56/POJK.04/2015 dated December 29, 2015 (POJK No. 56/2015).
The Company’s Internal Audit Unit consistently adheres with the applicable regulations, specifically POJK No. 56/2015 and IDX Board of Directors Decree No. Kep-00001/ BEI/01-2014 dated January 30, 2014, regarding the Listing of Shares and Equity Securities Other than Shares Issued by Listed Companies (IDX Regulation No. I-A). IDX Regulation No. I-A was subsequently revoked and declared invalid on December 27, 2018, and replaced by IDX Regulation No. I-A Attachment to Decision of the Board of Directors of the Indonesia Stock Exchange No. Kep-00183/BEI/12-2018 dated 27 December 2018 (IDX Regulation No. I-A of 2018).
Internal Audit Unit’s Charter
The Internal Audit Unit Charter is available on the Company’s website. The President Director and Chairman of the Audit Committee have approved its Internal Audit Unit Charter. This charter comprises the following guidelines:
- Vision and mission;
- Structure and position;
- Duties and responsibilities;
- Code of Ethics;
- Membership requirements;
- Accountability; and
Internal Audit Unit’s Structure and Position
According to OJK Regulation No. 56/2015 and the Company’s Internal Audit Charter, the Internal Audit Unit shall have a minimum of 1 (one) Internal Auditor. The number of internal auditors required is determined by the size and complexity of the Company’s business activities. The Head of the Internal Audit Unit, who reports directly to the President Director, may be appointed and dismissed by the President Director with the approval of the Board of Commissioners.
The Company’s letter of appointment, dated 4 January 2022, and signed by the President Director and President Commissioner, provides for the appointment of 1 (one) internal auditor, namely Rudy Sugianto.
Internal Audit Unit’s Duties, Responsibilities, and Activities in 2021
The Internal Audit Unit conducts periodic evaluations of the Company’s risk management system, internal control, and Good Corporate Governance (GCG) processes through various activities and discussions. This assessment attempts to strengthen the company’s values and operational performance.
The Internal Audit Unit’s duties and responsibilities in respect to the Internal Audit Charter and its implementation during the 2021 fiscal year are as follows:
- Formulate and implement annual internal audit plan;
- Analyze and evaluate the implementation of internal control and risk management systems in accordance with the Company’s policy;
- Test and assess efficiency and effectiveness with regards to finance, accounting, operations, human resources, marketing, information technology, and other functions;
- Recommend improvements and provide objective information on audited activities within all management levels;
- Prepare and submit audit reports to the President Director and Board of Commissioners;
- Monitor, analyze, and report the implementation of recommended improvements;
- Collaborate and communicate directly with the Audit Committee;
- Develop a program to evaluate the quality of ongoing internal audit activities; and
- Conduct special audits as required.
Internal Audit Unit’s Code of Ethics
The Internal Audit Unit strictly conforms to the Company’s and Internal Audit Unit’s code of conduct when performing its duties and responsibilities.
The Internal Audit Charter establishes the Internal Audit Unit’s code of ethics, which includes the following:
- Work honestly, diligently, and responsibly; and
- Obey prevailing laws, and never engage in any illegal activity.
- Disclose all known material facts; and
- Practice professionalism in executing tasks and responsibilities.
- Exercise prudence and austerity in managing information obtained during the course of their duties.
- Compliance with International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing in conducting audits; and
- Continuously improve capacity, effectiveness, and quality of audit.
The Company requires proper accreditation for all members engaged in auditing the Company’s activities.
Rudy Sugianto began his career in Pricewaterhouse Coopers as Senior Associates-Audit (2003-2005). He then joined PT Axis Telekom Indonesia as Revenue Assurance Manager (2005-2011). His involvement with several companies such as PT Rajawali Corpora as Internal Audit Manager (2011-2013), PT Multipolar Technology Tbk as Accounting, Tax, Operation Support Division Head (2013-2018) and Accounting and Finance Division Head (2019 – November 2021) enhanced his extensive knowledge and experience in finance and audit. He was appointed as Head of Internal Audit Unit of PT Multipolar Tbk on 4 January 2022.
He is an Indonesian citizen, aged 41 years old as of 31 December 2021. He obtained his bachelor’s degree in Accounting from Universitas Indonesia in 2002.