The Company is required to practice good corporate governance in order to ensure the its business sustainability and to earn the confidence of shareholders and other stakeholders.
The Board of Directors chooses a Corporate Secretary to support its duties and responsibilities and to ensure smooth communication between the Company and its stakeholders. As a result, the Corporate Secretary’s position is becoming increasingly important in ensuring that the Company complies with applicable laws and regulations and improves corporate governance implementation.
DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES OF THE CORPORATE SECRETARY IN 2021
As liaison between the Company and Stakeholders, the Corporate Secretary has roles to build and uphold the trust and confidence of Shareholders and stakeholders in the Company. Moreover, to monitor and implement the Company’s strict compliance to applicable laws, regulations and standards, in 2021 the Corporate Secretary has performed several duties and responsibilities as follows:
- Follow trends of capital market developments, including capital market regulations and guidelines related to Limited Liability Companies and Article of Association;
- Advise the Board of Commissioners and Directors and provide recommendations to ensure compliance with capital market laws and regulations;
- Assist the Board of Commissioners and Directors in the Good Corporate Governance implementation, particularly in:
- Disclosure of public information and its availability on the Company’s website;
- Submission of reports to the Financial Services Authority (OJK) and the Indonesian Stock Exchange (BEI) as stipulated in the OJK and BEI Regulations;
- Organization and documentation of the Annual General Meeting of Shareholders (AGMS) for Fiscal Year 2020 and the Extraordinary General Meeting of Shareholders (EGMS) which was held on 19 July 2021 and the EGMS which was held on 24 November 2021 physically at Menara Matahari, 20th Floor, Boulevar Palem Raya Lippo Village 1200, Tangerang 15811 and electronically through the Electronic General Meeting System eASY.KSEI application provided by PT Kustodian Sentral Efek Indonesia; and
- Organization and documentation of the Board of Commissioners and Directors’ meeting of and their joint meetings respectively.
- Serve as the Company’s primary source of information for shareholders, OJK, and other stakeholders, in particular by:
- Provide information and explanations for the OJK regulations issued in 2021;
- Hold an Annual Public Expose on July 19, 2021 physically at Menara Matahari, 20th Floor, Boulevar Palem Raya Lippo Village 1200, Tangerang 15811 and electronically through the Electronic General Meeting System eASY.KSEI application provided by PT Kustodian Sentral Efek Indonesia;
- Hold an Incidental Public Expose on May 25, 2021 with Live Video Conference via Zoom App;
- Disclose all material information that occurred during 2021 to the general public; and
- Manage the administrative registrations for shareholder list and special registries in cooperation with appointed Share Administration Bureau.
Based on the Board of Directors’ Decision Letter No. CSS.068-2020 dated 20 July 2020, Natalie Lie served as the Corporate Secretary.
She started her career in Lippo Group in 2009 when she joined the Times Bookstore. In 2011 she joined PT Matahari Putra Prima Tbk’s Corporate Legal & Corporate Services, then since 2013 joined PT Multipolar Tbk’s Corporate Legal & Corporate Services.
She obtained a double degree in Executive Master of Business Administration from University Pelita Harapan and Peking University in 2015 and a Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Business Information System from the University of Derby.
She is an Indonesian citizen, aged 40 years as of December 31, 2021.